Industry Engagement Manager
Sri Lanka Tourism Alliance is seeking an Industry Engagement Manager. The focus of this role is B2B engagement and communications to the Sri Lankan tourism industry across the Alliance’s digital platforms and direct to its 1700+ members. This pivotal role is responsible for onboarding tourism businesses across Alliance led activities including the newly launched Love Sri Lanka Jobs Portal.
This is a hands-on role, which will require you to coordinate and execute strategic Alliance and industry relationship strategies for the Tourism Alliance. This role has a strong focus on building key industry relationships/sponsorships (and potentially other marketing partnerships) to support the engagement and communications goals of the Alliance. The successful candidate will also be supporting broader engagement and communications activities as directed by the leadership team.
The role is required for 4 days a week for an initial 12 month period with possibility of extension.
- Engage and raise awareness within the local tourism operators and the industry, on Alliance initiatives and platforms including the recently launched Love Sri Lanka Jobs Portal, industry webinars, training programs and driving and onboarding members to the Alliance.
- Manage all activities around the Love Sri Lanka Jobs Portal including ensuring that a steady pipeline of jobs are maintained on the portal and driving the strategy towards establishing Love Sri Lanka Jobs as the go-to portal for tourism Jobs.
- Identify and foster partnerships and lead day to day relationships with industry associations stakeholders, SMEs on the initiatives and platforms developed by the Alliance.
- Drive one on one training sessions for tourism operators on Alliance opportunities and platforms.
- Support the Alliance Operations team organise and run in-person industry events.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of industry engagement and participation in Alliance projects and reporting to Alliance co-chairs on a pre-agreed basis.
- Meet the Alliances annual growth targets.
- Contribute towards the implementation of the Alliance sustainable revenue streams, ensuring the future sustainability of the Love Sri Lanka Sustainability Program.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Prior experience in managing the sales and marketing functions for a tourism business or similar service provider.
- Good communication skills and the ability to positively negotiate with and influence others.
- Experience is getting new products/services launched and into wide usage.
- Working alongside cross functional teams to deliver pre-agreed outcomes on time.
- Working in a dynamic environment with the ability to pivot if needed and ensure that outcomes remain on track.
- A dynamic self starter who enjoys team work but also autonomous work and meeting deadlines.
- Positive, can-do attitude, with a sense of accountability and passion for delivering results with a commercial focus.
- Degree in Business Management, Sales & Marketing or Tourism or related field required.
- 5+ years sales and/or marketing experience preferably in tourism or other relevant field.
- Passion for Sustainable Travel and Tourism will be an added advantage.
- Alliance Operations Director
SUPPORTING AGENCY TEAMS
- JWT – Brand and PR communications/support.
- Antyra Digital – digital strategic support and digital delivery partner.
- Strategic Advisor – Droga & Co.
Sri Lanka Tourism Alliance is a private sector led, inclusive industry association for those who are passionate about the sustainable development of Sri Lanka’s tourism industry. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive tourism industry in Sri Lanka.
Our objective is to drive sustainable tourism visitor growth, benefiting all segments, with a few, higher impact initiatives, collaborating with existing industry associations. Betterment of Sri Lanka tourism is our goal. You can find out more about us at www.srilankatourismalliance.com
HOW TO APPLY
- Email your application before 31 March 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please write a brief couple of lines of your experience as it relates to the required skills and work experience in the mail body and send it along with your resume.
- Please edit the subject line of the email you send to ‘Application for Industry Engagement Manager’
Download job description here