What We Do
The Sri Lanka Tourism Alliance aims to foster one united industry voice, and advance information, education and collaboration across the entire tourism sector. As the Alliance strives to be inclusive and collaborate with all stakeholders within the tourism industry, membership is free for anyone working or connected to tourism in Sri Lanka.
All projects initiated by the Alliance meet the following criteria:
- Reflect the Sri Lanka Government’s Tourism Vision 2025 & Tourism Strategic Plan 2017-2020
- Targeted at driving sustainable international visitor growth
- Deliver benefits and impact countrywide
- Everyone is welcome to engage and get involved in Alliance projects
- Focussed on fewer, higher impact actions
- Support not duplicate government initiatives
What Does Success Look Like for the Alliance?
All projects and actions of the Alliance are measured along these verticals:
Macro Tourism Measures
Overall Sri Lanka Tourism Industry performance increases to better than before the Easter Sunday attack. e.g. average visitor spend and visitor numbers from key markets (as measured by the Alliance’s industry tracking survey).
Alliance Specific Measures
Deliver on our promise – Alliance led projects are delivered on time and on budget.
75% Sri Lanka Tourism Alliance member and stakeholder satisfaction overall.
75% member satisfaction with the delivery of the Sri Lanka Tourism Alliance Resilience Action Plan.
75% member satisfaction across the following:
- The Alliance has provided consistent messaging and a unified voice for industry
- Communication from the Alliance is regular, multi-lingual and valued
- New Alliance website portal is used as a resource for industry
- Research insights provided have helped members make better informed decisions
- Alliance’s Love Sri Lanka experiences content creation
- Alliance’s Love Sri Lanka marketing partnerships
75% of members are aware of the Alliance’s ten sustainable industry tourism priorities.
75% of members are embracing at least two of the sustainable industry tourism priorities within their business in the first 12 months.