Sri Lanka Tourism Alliance is currently seeking a Program Manager to handle all ongoing projects under the broad thematic of Love Sri Lanka Sustainably. This role ensures that Sri Lanka Tourism Alliance is able to continue its positive impact and actions in supporting Sri Lanka’s tourism industry, in particular SMEs. The role is responsible for leading Sri Lanka Tourism Alliances projects focused around the key pillars of sustainability, collaboration and innovation for the year. The chosen candidate will be responsible for the delivery of all projects as well as monitoring results and optimizing project plans.
The role is required for three days a week for an initial period of 9 months with the possibility of extension.
- Manage day to day implementation of all projects under Sri Lanka Tourism Alliance’s ‘Love Sri Lanka Sustainability’ project
- Manage and follow up all project outcomes, ensuring KPI’s are on track for timely delivery.
- Review and report to donors on pre-agreed performance metrics.
- Monitoring and evaluation of program activities and budgets against agreed targets.
- Work closely with the Industry Engagement Manager and the Operations Director to deliver pre agreed program outputs.
- Contribute towards the implementation of the Alliance sustainable revenue streams, ensuring the future sustainability of the Love Sri Lanka Sustainability Program.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with competing tight deadlines and stringent KPI’s.
- Ability to meet deadlines autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross functional team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with minimum supervision.
- Attention to detail to ensure excellent documentation of activities and to ensure deliverables (e.g. reports) meet expectations.
- Ability to plan and co-ordinate events.
- Experience in sales and/or marketing and getting new products/services launched and into industry wide usage will be an added advantage.
- An interest and passion for Sustainability as it applies to Travel & Tourism is a advantage.
- Degree qualified in Business Management, Sales & Marketing or Tourism required.
- 5+ years in tourism with experience working with public and/or private sector.
- Alliance Operations Director
SUPPORTING AGENCY TEAMS
- JWT – Brand and PR communications/support.
- Antyra Digital – digital strategic support and digital delivery partner.
- Strategic Advisor – Droga & Co.
Sri Lanka Tourism Alliance is a private sector led, inclusive industry association for those who are passionate about the sustainable development of Sri Lanka’s tourism industry. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive tourism industry in Sri Lanka.
Our objective is to drive sustainable tourism visitor growth, benefiting all segments, with a few, higher impact initiatives, collaborating with existing industry associations. Betterment of Sri Lanka tourism is our goal. You can find out more about us at www.srilankatourismalliance.com
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to apply for this role, please send us your resume to email@example.com along with a portfolio of your writing material on or before 31 March 2022.
- Job applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please write a brief couple of lines of your experience as it relates to the required skills and work experience in the mail body and send it along with your resume.
- Please adit the subject line of the email you send to ‘Application for Program Manager’.
Download job description here