FAQ's for the Sustainability Champions Program
This project aims to recognize SMEs in the Tourism sector that are currently embracing sustainability initiatives in their respective businesses to make a difference in the future of the industry. These businesses can be across the entire tourism supply chain and experience offering that is spread across all aspects of the Tourism industry.
The goal is to identify and recognize organizations or individuals who are delivering tangible sustainability outcomes based on the adaptation of the 10 Sustainability Principles which have been identified under the Alliance’s Top 10 Sustainability Principles.
Click on the link below to fill out the application form to be a sustainability change-maker in Sri Lanka.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the eligibility criteria for the sustainability Champion’s program?
It is expected that an organization/individual has adopted a minimum of three (3) of the Tourism Alliance identified 10 Sustainability Principles.
2. What are the benefits of becoming a Sustainability Champion?
- Being identified as a champion by a panel of global and local experts
- A champion’s badge which can be utilized for publicity on all channels
- Champions will be highlighted on all Tourism Alliance social media sites
- Media publicity via the press and trade media
- Visitors can quickly identify your organization as being Sustainability driven
- Create awareness of your best practices and recognition so you can encourage others to follow suit
3. How long would the sustainability criteria have to be administered within the organization?
There is no specific time period, however, a minimum of three (3) of the sustainability principles outlined in the Tourism Alliance Top 10 Principles should be incorporated and administered in the business.
4. Who are the program drivers of the initiative?
Sri Lanka Tourism Alliance (SLTA) is working on this program with the assistance of SALT sustainability consultants and Biodiversity Sri Lanka.
5. Why has Sustainability become more relevant in recent times?
Travelers in recent times have become more conscientious of their surroundings and being recognized as a sustainability champion will enhance the company’s image as a pro-sustainability advocate.
6. Where are the sustainable tool kits available?
The Sustainable Tool kits are available on the Tourism Alliance website.
If you have further questions, please contact the Tourism Alliance by emailing email@example.com