Project Communications Manager
Sri Lanka Tourism Alliance is seeking a Project Communications Manager. The focus of this role is B2B engagement and communications to the Sri Lankan tourism industry across the Alliance’s digital platforms and direct to its 1700+ members. This pivotal role is responsible for onboarding tourism businesses across Alliance led activities including the newly launched Love Sri Lanka Jobs Portal.
This is a hands-on role, which will require you to coordinate and execute strategic Alliance and industry relationship strategies for the Tourism Alliance. This role has a strong focus on building key industry relationships/sponsorships (and potentially other marketing partnerships) to support the engagement and communications goals of the Alliance. The successful candidate will also be supporting broader engagement and communications activities as directed by the leadership team.
The role is required for 4 days a week for an initial 12 month period with possibility of extension.
- Develop overall communications strategy based on Alliance strategy and Industry needs and works closely with the Alliance operations team to deliver on all agreed communications targets and KPI’s.
- Implement communications strategy for Sri Lanka Tourism Alliance communications channels.
- Monitoring and evaluating performance of Alliance industry social channels and media and reporting to Alliance co-chairs.
- Plan and manage the design, content, and production of Alliance creative content for digital media.
- Create informative and interesting press releases, newsletters, and other content.
- Deliver reports on campaign and content performance, extracting relevant actionable insights.
- Manage and effectively grow the Alliance industry facing social media channels including Sri Lanka Tourism Alliance Facebook Page and LinkedIn Page and support with the management of the Alliance’s consumer facing channels Love Sri Lanka Facebook Page and Love Sri Lanka IG Page.
- Create written content on topical issues and aligned with key focus areas like sustainability, inclusivity etc in tourism for our industry facing site Sri Lanka Tourism Alliance.
- Provide effective coordination and leadership role to plan and execute the implementation of effective webinars and other in-house events, in line with Alliance goals, along with the internal team.
- Liaising with our agency partners to upload relevant content to the Alliance website: www.srilankatourismalliance.com
- Support the Alliance Operations team to organise and execute industry events.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Crafting compelling stories on Sri Lanka’s tourism landscape that can inspire industry stakeholders.
- Experience in writing media releases and liaising with media.
- Excellent written communication skills across different long form and short form copy and channels for industry.
- Managing social media feeds for a tourism business or any other industry (including Facebook / IG/ LinkedIn).
- Ability to create visual content for social channels using Canva or a similar tool.
- Knowledge in managing paid campaigns and achieving pre agreed targets.
- Degree qualified in media and communications, digital strategy and or similar discipline required.
- 5+ years experience managing digital media and other communications.
- Passion for Sustainable Travel and Tourism will be an added advantage.
- Alliance Operations Director
SUPPORTING AGENCY TEAMS
- JWT – Brand and PR communications/support.
- Antyra Digital – digital strategic support and digital delivery partner.
- Strategic Advisor – Droga & Co.
Sri Lanka Tourism Alliance is a private sector led, inclusive industry association for those who are passionate about the sustainable development of Sri Lanka’s tourism industry. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive tourism industry in Sri Lanka.
Our objective is to drive sustainable tourism visitor growth, benefiting all segments, with a few, higher impact initiatives, collaborating with existing industry associations. Betterment of Sri Lanka tourism is our goal. You can find out more about us at www.srilankatourismalliance.com
HOW TO APPLY
- Email your application before 31 March 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please write a brief couple of lines of your experience as it relates to the required skills and work experience in the mail body and send it along with your resume.
- Please edit the subject line of the email you send to ‘Application for Project Communications Manager’
Download job description here