Operations Director Sri Lanka Tourism Alliance (Full Time)
Sri Lanka Tourism Alliance is seeking an Operation Director to lead our energetic team. The Operations Director of the Sri Lanka Tourism Alliance is a critical role for the organisation ensuring the Alliance continues its positive impact and actions in supporting the Sri Lanka tourism industry, in particular SME’s. The role is responsible for leading the projects, partnerships, team, and agencies in their delivery of the Alliance’s goals and objectives.
The role is required on a part time basis for an initial 12 month period with possibility of extension.
To build a resilient and strong private sector that embraces international sustainable tourism best practices, and where tourism benefits are driven to communities and people across Sri Lanka at every level.
Innovative, collaborative, inclusive and agile
- Manage the implementation of all of the Alliance’s projects and programming planned for 2022/2023 meeting all KPI’s.
- Lead the team and agencies in the delivery of the Alliances projects and performance monitoring.
- Identify, develop, and build strategic partnerships with tourism-related and non-tourism brands, individual tourism businesses and media.
- Lead key relationships with international donors, government departments and industry associations.
- Advocate and lead the Alliance’s priorities of sustainability, women in tourism and inclusivity.
- Support the Alliance’s annual business planning including budget and performance with the Co-Chairs.
- Presents to the Alliance Executive Leadership team quarterly on Alliance outcomes and performance.
- Fosters sustainable revenue stream opportunities for the Alliance, including the recently launched Jobs Portal.
- Fosters consistent and impactful communication and value to the industry through all Alliance activities.
- Oversee day to day budgets and contracts.
- Reviews and reports on performance metrics and monitoring of the programs results against agreed targets reporting to Alliance Co-Chairs.
For you to really excel and contribute meaningfully in this capacity, we believe the following areas of expertise would really help.
Prior experience in
- Effectively managing teams to deliver pre-agreed outcomes
- Managing multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Good communication skills and the ability to positively negotiate with and influence others.
- Working in a dynamic environment with the ability to pivot if needed and ensure that outcomes remain on track
- A dynamic self starter who enjoys team work but also autonomous work and meeting deadlines
- Good governance and reporting skills
- Alliance co-chairs
Operations Director Direct Reports
- Project Communications Manager (part time)
- Industry Engagement Manager (2023 onwards)
- Program Manager (2023 onwards)
- JWT – Brand and PR communications/support
- Antyra Solutions – digital strategic support and digital delivery partner
- Strategic Advisor – Droga & Co.
Most importantly we need someone with a positive, can-do attitude, who is accountable and passionate about delivering results with a commercial focus. A passion for sustainable travel and tourism would be a plus!
- Degree in Business Management, Development Studies. Sales & Marketing or Tourism or related field required.
- 7+ years experience leading an operations team or similar required, preferably in tourism or other relevant field.
If you are nodding your head by now, then we want to hear from you. Please send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sri Lanka Tourism Alliance is a private sector led, inclusive industry association with over 1700 members for those who are passionate about the sustainable development of Sri Lanka’s tourism industry. Our objective is to drive sustainable tourism visitor growth, benefiting all segments, with a few, higher impact initiatives, collaborating with existing industry associations. Betterment of Sri Lanka tourism is our goal. You can find out more about us at www.srilankatourismalliance.com